WE are open for Worship Services Sundays 10:00am!
Updated July 5, 2020 2:00 pm
Brothers and Sisters,
In order to worship together we ask that each person in attendance please adhere to the following recommendations:
- Wear a mask while singing, when speaking responses, and within 6 feet of non-family members
- Maintain 6 ft. of separation between families whenever possible
- No handshakes or hugs
- Wash/sanitize hands frequently.
- Stay home if you are sick or if you are in an at-risk group and don’t feel comfortable joining with others for in-person worship.
Some other things you will see when you arrive that are different from our usual practices are listed below:
- Bulletins will be provided by ushers wearing masks and gloves.
- Half of the seats have been removed to provide sufficient space between rows for social distancing.
- Offering envelopes, info cards, and pens have been removed from the seat backs. Any of these items needed will be available from a supply table just inside the front doors.
- The service will be live streamed and be aware you may be part of that video. Communion distribution will not be on video. Personal prayer requests will not be on video.
- We request that restrooms and the Child Care Center use be limited to 1 person or family at a time.
- There will be no offering plates passed. An offering box has been placed on the supply table at the entrance of the church.
- Communion will be self-served and participants will social distance while progressing up to the front where the elements will be on a communion table. After taking the elements please proceed to the outside aisles to return to your seat. Floor signs and arrows are provided to show the flow of traffic. Please wear masks except when actually taking the elements.
- Exiting after service will be from the back to the front and facilitated by an usher.
- After worship, there will not be refreshments outside at this time but you are welcome to fellowship with each other, just please use appropriate social distancing.
If you would like to review past worship services, you can find them on Facebook. Current and past live streams can be found at
We now have three ongoing Bible studies up and running, all using ZOOM, which allows for full participation. The Women’s Study is on Saturdays at 9:00 am. Pastor’s Adult Class is on Sunday at 9:00 am. The Men’s Group meets on the second Saturday of the month.
Just email back for all the details on how to join in with us! (Kolkmanallen@gmail.com)
Pastor’s Bible Study!
Our monthly newsletter for July has just been published it can be read on the newsletter tab above. Our newsletter contains information, activities, church ministries news, bible studies and frequently asked questions. Keep up to date on what is going on at Shepherd of the Valley.
Isaiah 41:10, “Fear not, for I the Lord am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my hand.”
Worship Service streaming and Sermon Audio
Past Featured Events
The Princess Bride (1987) While home sick in bed, a young boy's grandfather reads him the story of a farmboy-turned-pirate who encounters numerous obstacles, enemies and allies in his quest to be reunited with his true love. Director: Rob Reiner Writers: William Goldman (book), William Goldman (screenplay) Stars: Cary Elwes, Mandy Patinkin, Robin Wright |Find out more »
Youth Musical Theater Summer Camp Shepherd's Players invites you to join us for: ANNIE, AN ORPHAN'S STORY Where: SVLC Community Building, 4510 North River Road, Oceanside When: Monday, July 29th - Friday, August 2nd 3:00 - 7:00 p.m. Performance Saturday August 3rd at noon. Who: Ages 5-14, male and female (Everyone has a speaking part and will participate in songs and dances! Cost: …Find out more »
Time to dust off Grandma's old German Cookbook. We are going to have German food potluckFind out more »
Fun for the whole family! Bring those neighbors, friends, relatives and co-workers! Activities include... Bobbing for apples Scarecrow building Games for all agesFind out more »
Free Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner with all the trimmings. Shared with love, gratitude, faith and embrace. Be sure to invite family,friends, neighbors, coworkers and especially Marines! We need lots of food and lot fo volunteers to provide it! Shepherd of the Valley Tradition for over 40 yearsFind out more »
This is our church decorating event. Pizza and salad will be provided. There will be a Christmas cookie exchange . Christmas Movie included..Find out more »
Come celebrate that Holy Night! With Christmas carols and ending the evening with the chapel ablaze with candles.Find out more »
Petal Pushers range in age from 13 to 85. Individuals, church groups, families, senior citizens, and Girl Scout troops are a sample of the groups that participate each year. Join the Petal Pushers® and help decorate the 2020 Lutheran Hour Ministries (LHM) float and others. This years float is entitled Anchored in Jesus—the only Christian-themed float in the Rose Parade. Meet at the church at 6:00am car pull to Irvindale in Los Angeles' San Gabriel Valley.Find out more »
Ash Wednesday Services Begin the season of Lent at Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church. We gather for worship, Holy Communion and the distribution of ashes to remember the grace of Jesus Christ.Find out more »
Dave Anderson will be presenting a free concert here on Tuesday, march 10th at 7:00 pm. Don't miss it ! Bring friends and Co-workers! A free will offering to benefit Shepherds Canyon Ministry. Shepherd's Canyon Retreat Ministry offers week-long counseling retreats for men and women in ministry who are in the midst of various stages of burnout, stress, depression, and conflicts of all kinds. Each retreat can accommodate up to eight individuals. The staff for each retreat includes two counselors, a chaplain and volunteers who…Find out more »
Come Worship With Us
Sundays at 10am
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church
4510 N River Rd
Oceanside, California 92057
Our new mailing address is: (4/1/19)
Shepherd of the Valley
PO Box 406
San Luis Rey, CA. 92068