WE are open for Worship Services Sundays 10:00am!
Updated July 5, 2020 2:00 pm
Brothers and Sisters,
In order to worship together we ask that each person in attendance please adhere to the following recommendations:
- Wear a mask while singing, when speaking responses, and within 6 feet of non-family members
- Maintain 6 ft. of separation between families whenever possible
- No handshakes or hugs
- Wash/sanitize hands frequently.
- Stay home if you are sick or if you are in an at-risk group and don’t feel comfortable joining with others for in-person worship.
Some other things you will see when you arrive that are different from our usual practices are listed below:
- Bulletins will be provided by ushers wearing masks and gloves.
- Half of the seats have been removed to provide sufficient space between rows for social distancing.
- Offering envelopes, info cards, and pens have been removed from the seat backs. Any of these items needed will be available from a supply table just inside the front doors.
- The service will be live streamed and be aware you may be part of that video. Communion distribution will not be on video. Personal prayer requests will not be on video.
- We request that restrooms and the Child Care Center use be limited to 1 person or family at a time.
- There will be no offering plates passed. An offering box has been placed on the supply table at the entrance of the church.
- Communion will be self-served and participants will social distance while progressing up to the front where the elements will be on a communion table. After taking the elements please proceed to the outside aisles to return to your seat. Floor signs and arrows are provided to show the flow of traffic. Please wear masks except when actually taking the elements.
- Exiting after service will be from the back to the front and facilitated by an usher.
- After worship, there will not be refreshments outside at this time but you are welcome to fellowship with each other, just please use appropriate social distancing.
If you would like to review past worship services, you can find them on Facebook. Current and past live streams can be found at
We now have three ongoing Bible studies up and running, all using ZOOM, which allows for full participation. The Women’s Study is on Saturdays at 9:00 am. Pastor’s Adult Class is on Sunday at 9:00 am. The Men’s Group meets on the second Saturday of the month.
Just email back for all the details on how to join in with us! (Kolkmanallen@gmail.com)
Pastor’s Bible Study!
Our monthly newsletter for July has just been published it can be read on the newsletter tab above. Our newsletter contains information, activities, church ministries news, bible studies and frequently asked questions. Keep up to date on what is going on at Shepherd of the Valley.
Isaiah 41:10, “Fear not, for I the Lord am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my hand.”
Worship Service streaming and Sermon Audio
Upcoming Featured Events
Online Men's Bible Study 10:00 am We are going through the book "Blessed is the Man" by Bob Morris since we are all social-distancing we will study together via Zoom More info email Kolkmanallen@gmail.com on how to join in.Find out more »
Traveling Light by Max Lacado Weary travelers. You've seen them -- everything they own crammed into their luggage. Staggering through terminals and hotel lobbies with overstuffed suitcases, trunks, duffels, and backpacks. Backs ache. Feet burn. Eyelids droop. We've all seen people like that. At times, we are people like that -- if not with our physical luggage, then at least with our spiritual load. We all lug loads we were never intended to carry. Fear. Worry. Discontent. No wonder we…Find out more »
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church Sunday Morning Worship Our service is reverent yet informal and friendly, with both traditional/liturgical and contemporary elements Check us out! Here are our Guidelines.... We will continue to live stream the service on Facebook and on our website; we encourage anyone who is at risk and not yet comfortable meeting in person to worship at home In order to worship together we ask that each person in attendance please adhere to the following recommendations:…Find out more »
We are practicing social-distancing guidelines… Our services are still be live streamed for those that are in an at-risk group and don’t feel comfortable joining with others for in-person worship. You can find the live stream on our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Shepherdofthevalleyoceanside Come and check us out!Find out more »
Come Worship With Us
Sundays at 10am
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church
4510 N River Rd
Oceanside, California 92057
Our new mailing address is: (4/1/19)
Shepherd of the Valley
PO Box 406
San Luis Rey, CA. 92068